Next week on Wednesday, July 24, On-Site CEO Jake Harrington will moderate a panel discussion on apartment management and operations strategy at The New York Summer Apartment Summit. The session is titled “A Green Management & Operations Strategy in the Digital Age: Exploring the Positive Impact and Related Challenges of Technology on Marketing, Leasing & Tenant Retention for Both Operators and Renters.”
- Jamie S. Gorski, Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing, The Bozzuto Group
- Harlan Krichman, COO, Post Brothers
- Mitchel A. Maidman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Townhouse Management Company
- Kettler – Speaker TBA
Panelists will discuss:
- Analysis of Community Amenities: Internet accessibility; Wi-Fi hot spots (cyber cafes passé), remote printers, high-tech community spaces – HDTV, surround sound, DVR, Blue Ray, communal fitness center, Wi-Fi, iOS device docking, networked equipment for social exercise experience
- Unit Amenities: Programmable and app controlled HVAC and appliances (AT&T U-verse), USB charging outlets, Wi-Fi router built-in, Networked key control
- Service Amenities: Use of tablets for remote management tasks, online rent payment via PC & app, online service requests via PC & app (robust management backend)
- Resident Portals: Virtual concierge (BuildingLink, MyBuilding), packages, travel arrangements, ZipCar & Uber, Online laundry for Class B
- Resident Retention: Social media as retention tool (Facebook, Twitter)
- Reducing Operating Overhead: Streamlining processes, while improving net income
- Modernizing Utility Options: Efficient processes leading to lower costs for electricity, heat, hot water and cooling.
- Adding Value & Funding Energy Efficiency Upgrades
More than 300 senior-level executives and decision makers from New York and national CRE and industry service-provider firms are expected to attend the July Summit, the first installment of the 2013 National Apartment Summit Series of events.
To register and learn more about the event, please visit the conference website.