All of our developers are full-stack and work closely with Product, Design and QA teams to deliver features to about 45-55k users per day. Here is some of what you can expect working here:
- Autonomy. Developers are organized into autonomous teams of 2-4 developers and have a lot of control over how they collaborate, communicate, and generally work.
- Agility. Teams practice scrum, work in sprints, calculate velocity, do code reviews and rely on Continuous Integration.
- Diversity. Women make up roughly a third of our team, and we have people from all over the world on our team. It’s part of what makes our culture great.
- Location Independence. Remote work is built into our company’s DNA. Half of our developers are remote, including our CTO!
- Craftsmanship. We have excellent engineers spanning all skill levels, and we all are committed to becoming better at our craft. We practice Lunch & Learns and mentorship.
- Stewardship. We are big proponents of open source, use it a lot, and give back to the community wherever we can.
Our legacy codebase is constantly evolving to incorporate modern technologies. We started with Java, moved into JRuby on Rails leveraging the Java code with JRuby, and are now incorporating React where it makes sense.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Pay. We hire excellent people and reward them accordingly.
- Flexible Work Hours. If you work better evenings than mornings, that’s fine by us!
- One Paid Conference per year (includes hotel and airfare).
- DashCon. An internal yearly conference showcasing our engineering culture.
- 10% time per week to invest in open source or self-education.
- Work from anywhere in any timezone.
- Great benefits. Health, dental, and vision.
- Parties! We can fly you out for our company-wide summer BBQ and holiday parties.
- Good times guarantee. Board game nights, Bad-joke Wednesdays, our favorite perk
What we’re looking for
At On-Site, we value personality and fit as much as we value the engineering ability and technical expertise. We want to keep our work environment positive, helpful and collaborative.
We are looking for developers who can both hold strong opinions and be humble about them at the same time. We are looking for pragmatists, and people who can empathize with users and team members.
You must demonstrate strong skills in either Rails, Java, or React. While we don’t expect you to know all of the above, you should at least be very proficient at one or more of these. Almost all of our engineers are full-stack, so you must be willing to branch out and master different levels of the technology stack. You will be expected to code with Rails, Java and React.
You should demonstrate the ability to understand and develop requirements, and produce elegant, extensible object-oriented code (you will be tested on this).
Email your resume